Wednesday 25 March 2015

CUTTING UP YOUR CHIPBOARDS with Liz Hocking

Thanks for joining me today for a bit of fun with some of your chip boards, that you think you will not use.

I was supplied with some great chipboard  from Memory Maze, firstly the  'Baby Set' (S0142),  'A little dirt never hurt' (kw005) and finally 'Uncle' .


I sat looking at them  for sometime thinking , how can I best utilise  these chippies?  Then in a light bulb moment I set about cutting them up.

Little Ben Layout

You can see that I used the 'e' & 'n' from (Uncle) and wait for it......the handle of the dummy as the 'b'.  The word 'little' was taken from ­­­­­­­'A little dirt never hurt', these are teamed with 'cute teddy bear' and  MM flourishes cut into bits.  I have also used the 'flower' stencil from MM with some Impesto.



The impesto was given a blast with the heat gun to give it that bubble effect.
Then a light coat of Gesso over the whole page.

 I applied some glimmer mists, silks and topped off with 'Inka gold' orange and buffed up to give it a lovely shine.


...and here is the finished result.  I hope that you enjoyed this post and it inspires you to look at your chip board pieces in a different light.



For my next work I have created a layout of my little granddaughters.





MY SISTER




 This time I have used 'Sister' (SO399) and 'Gates' (LO166)chip board from Memory Maze.



I first painted 'Sister' with Gesso and then 'pretty pink' paint.  When dry I then applied some rub on flourishes and applied Dimensional Magic to give the special effect.




I cut up some of those lovely gates and inked in 'pinecone' and threaded flowers and vine through them


 ...and here is the end result.



Thanks for taking the time to view and if you would like to see more of these beautiful chip boards etc. you can visit here @ Memory Maze
until next time,


 Happy scrapping ...Liz
2015 Memory Maze Design Team Member.

No comments:

Post a Comment